Skinny girls have problems too
Thin privilege is a super shitty thing that needs to be acknowledged. But don’t forget that skinny girls are people, too! Even the ones who have been thin for their entire lives. And some of them:
- Have eating disorders even if you think they look naturally thin and not ‘anorexic looking’ or emaciated.
- Spend hours on the treadmill every day desperately trying to maintain their weight.
- Are terrified of gaining a few pounds because they think it will be so obvious on their frame.
- Count every single calorie they eat and every single calorie they burn.
- Obsess over their food.
- Think of nothing but their size.
- Are paralyzed by the fear of going up a size in their jeans.
- Are constantly wondering how much smaller they can get before people start to worry.
Anyone can have an eating disorder or be riddle with self doubt, so treat everyone nicely! We’re all fighting a battle.