about me & f.a.q
After receiving my BS in psychology, I became avidly passionate about boosting self esteem and providing an outlet for young men and women needing support and advice. It’s absolutely necessary in this society to discuss and prioritize self esteem to build healthy, happy relationships with ourselves and others. This is a safe haven for issues that are often brushed off as not important enough. Here we work as a safety net to foster self love and self acceptance.
Is this just a place for self esteem boosters?
- Nope! This has grown into a community of people reaching out for help and others responding with advice and comfort. If you see an ask that you relate to, feel free to write in with your opinion/advice.
Can I see just the self esteem boosters?
- Of course! Right here.
Where is my ask/advice?
- I get at least 25-30 a day, and I queue up the posts so I don’t flood anyone’s ask. I refuse to ever give a generic ‘you’ll be fine’ answer. I think hard about what I’d do if it was me, or what I’d say if it was my best friend. When you ask exercise/body/skin etc I research it first to make sure I’m giving the most accurate answer. If your ask doesn’t show up within a week, resend it, because sometimes Tumblr fails and it doesn’t go through on one of our ends.
Do you promo?
- No. Sorry!
Do you really have a psych degree?
- Yes, from BSU! It’s crazy. If you want college advice or have questions, feel free to ask.
Are you a therapist?
- Nope. Just a girl with a psych degree and what advice columnists lovingly refer to as ‘uncommon sense.’ I can’t diagnose you, so if you’re looking for clinical answers, please call your nearest counselor!
Anonymous asked: To those of you who can’t find your ask…
You can click on the search tag as have been said before. Or if you can remember a specific term you used in your ask you can do this.
1. Go on Google and type in it “site:boostyouresteem.tumblr.com” without the quotations.
2. Once you’ve done that, press spacebar after the .com and type in your key term.
3. You should find your ask more easily.
So if I wanted to find an ask which I mentioned the word computer, I’d type in the Google searchbar - “site:boostyouresteem.tumblr.com computer” without the quotation marks. And lo and behold, you can find it more quickly.
Just throwing another option out there. I gotta tell you though, if Liz’s answer just came out, it won’t show up until after a couple of days. And you have to use a specific search term - you can’t just type simple single words like “the” or whatever.